Mosquitos - the State Bird of Wisconsin
Thursday, October 14, 2010
The mosquitos are known for being terrible where we live, since there's so many lakes around us. But this year, they were particularly evil, due to the unusually wet summer. Dad and the girls started off on a walk around the lake in Merton one Saturday but after taking about 100 steps, and these 3 pictures, they ran for cover back to the car.
October 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM
I think they must be the state bird of Kansas, too! Eric swells up from some of his bites. His eye swelled shut from one bite, and the latest was a bite on his ear...It was HUGE! The school nurse even called me suggesting I take him in to the doctor!
October 15, 2010 at 11:11 PM
I always got chewed when we lived in VA. One summer I ended up with a staph infection in my foot.