We can laugh about it, now that it's over...
Tuesday, May 26, 2009

For the second time in less than a year, a member of our family has gotten a "super bug" - you know, the kind that doesn't respond to the normal antibiotics. This last time was Tressa, and she was immediately put on some heavy duty antibiotics, including one with sulfur in the ingredients. Sadly, almost worse than than the "super bug" itself, she had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. She was COVERED in hives, literally from her scalp to the tips of her toes. She was itchy, feverish, and downright miserable! Can you tell???


If you click on this last picture and enlarge it, you can almost feel her pain!
May 26, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Her expressions are priceless! The photos look so vibrant....you are a whizz! : ) I hope I didn't go on and on for too long today. Thanks for lunch and a change of scenery for my kids. I hope you didn't find any Hazel surprises around your house. She's a busy one and she loves all the girl stuff in your house!
May 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM
Poor thing. She looks so pitiful. Glad she is better now, I hate when kids get sick.
May 27, 2009 at 10:22 AM
I can feel her pain...poor Tressa.
May 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Oh my gosh!! She looks absolutely miserable. I've only had hives once, and it was enough to send me to the looney bin. I can't imagine being covered like that.
Poor little one.
May 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM
p.s - She sure has cute tonails, though!
May 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Oh my goodness! Bless her sweet heart.
May 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM
what are you doing to my sweet baby girl?!
May 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM
POOR BABY!!!!!!
I tell ya, you guys have some serious LUCK with the sick bugs. buy a lotto ticket. seriously.
May 28, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Poor Thing!! I was covered from head to toe with hives when I was pregnant with Sammy. There is nothing worse than itching! My heart goes out to her!
May 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM
poor kid! I have a reaction to Sulfa too. I go into antifilatic shock and can't breathe. That sulfa is bad news!!!
June 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM
That is so pitiful. I feel her pain. I broke out in hives really bad like that when Kenny and I were spending a weekend in Vegas. That's not the cutest look for laying out pool side, let me tell ya.
August 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM
I am allergic to that antibiotic too! I had a similar reaction to it when i was little. Poor girl. She is beautiful despite the hives! I love reading your blog (though I haven't been able to for a while!). I miss you guys!