San Diego Fair
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Each year we enjoy all the offerings at the San Diego Fair, and this year was no exception. We watched the loudest monster truck show which left you either deaf or with ringing ears, saw stinky farm animals, ate disgusting food you only eat at the fair, but the crowd favorite is the tents with the vendors hawking their new stuff. Somehow I always seem to get suckered into buying some new kind of gadget.
Last year it was the nail polish pens. How cool do they look? They are like a super fine tipped marker that has nail polish that comes out - and to keep my toes looking SO CA stylish, I NEEDED that! $25 bucks and never used.
This year I had to have Smoooooooooooooth Legs - the painless hair remover product. We talked the girl down from $30 to $25, since we rounded up 4 people to buy them. Just rub sandpaper in a circle 5 or 6 times (Karate Kid - wax on, wax off), and then the other way and wahlah - no more hair on your legs (or other places). Doesn't work, plus BAD rash (NOT on legs!).
Here's more goods we've accumulated:
Magical fuzzy worms that we never could work
Wooded frogs that croak when you rub a stick on their back
Miracle lotion potion that leaves skin as silky as a mink (or stinky as one too!)
Vita Blender (I mean, those things crush rocks!)
Permanent lipstick that gets DARKER as the day wears on
And not to forget the SHAMMIES!!!
July 19, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Shaun wants to know how it works on back hair? Eric was hoping to get his nails done again, can we schedule an appointment? Shaun doesn't approve!
July 25, 2008 at 8:10 AM
I think you should save the polish pens for a white elephant party... that would definately be the hottest gift!